Document Management Software
What is KnowledgeTree?
KnowledgeTree document management software is affordable, easy to use and enables business professionals to manage the document lifecycle, promote collaboration, reduce paper and ensure compliance.
Offering commercial SaaS and on-site editions, KnowledgeTree helps organizations of all sizes transform documents into strategic business assets.
Why Choose KnowledgeTree?
KnowledgeTree is easy
- Eliminate lengthy and expensive implementations and user training with a turnkey solution that installs quickly (or runs as a service) and is easy to learn
KnowledgeTree is affordable
- Subscription pricing for on-site or SaaS editions is costeffective for organizations of all sizes
- Open source code, robust APIs and CMIS support allow integration across platforms and applications
KnowledgeTree works like you do
- Integration with familiar tools like Microsoft Office makes document lifecycle management efficient, promotes collaboration and ensures compliance
Who uses KnowledgeTree?
KnowledgeTree users are in SMBs and departments from diverse industries. They frequently need to manage large volumes of documents in an organization that depends on being able to find and retrieve documents quickly.
Users are often in regulated industries — such as life sciences or accounting — that must adhere to rules around audit trails, document signatures and retention periods.
They tend to be non-technical people who care more about business benefits than technical mumbo-jumbo. They know they need help taming their document problem, and want to know how KnowledgeTree will go to work for them quickly and easily. They don’t really want to know about the technology under the covers.
KnowledgeTree users are also not as interested in the open source message, so speak to them about business benefits. The value of the open source model and the advantages of an open source community are of more interest to the IT team or the technical buyer.
What problems does KnowledgeTree Solve?
If you asked KnowledgeTree users what some of their business problems include, they would answer:
- I have too many places to look to find the latest version of a file – the shared drive, my hard drive, the wiki and email
- The paper files I need are always on someone else's desk
- Our filing room is a mess, documents are frequently misfiled and the whole thing is expensive to maintain
- Our approval processes take forever because files get lost on our desks or messages get backlogged in email
- Some of our documents are subject to regulatory compliance and need audit trails
- I want to share documents with colleagues in other offices who can't connect to our network
- Several of us need to work together on a document and we need to track versions
What are the key features of KnowledgeTree?
- Document control and versioning — keeps previous versions of documents available, provides an audit trail and allows comparison of document contents and properties
- Role- and group-based access control — users are assigned to groups or roles, which receive granular permissions on folders
- Full-text content and metadata searching — users can search for content using a simple text-based search query or by building an advanced search that can be saved, reused and shared
- Document-level workflow — allows documents to move through a business process based on specified actions and triggers
- Microsoft Office Add-In — seamless integration lets users open, edit and save documents stored in the repository from within Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Instant View & Thumbnail previews — users can view, search and scroll through document content prior to downloading it from the repository
- Electronic Signatures — important for compliance, users must enter their username and password to complete document and folder write actions
- Desktop/Client tools — KnowledgeTree Explorer provides a familiar view into the repository with drag and drop operations
For further information on KnowledgeTree and our other business solutions please use our contact form