Multi-functional Firewall Software
The Untangle Server runs various networking apps are available in packages, tailored to particular needs. We have combined select paid and free apps with the Untangle Gateway, to provide the most complete, yet cost-effective offerings for our customers.
- Premium applications that enhance the functionality of Untangle:
- Live Support – Real people with real knowledge to help when you’re stuck
- eSoft Web Filter - Blocks 100 Million+ sites in 57 categories, plus new ones in real time
- Kaspersky virus Blocker – Best-of Breed Antivirus protection, at your gateway to the Internet
- Commtouch spam Booster – An extra layer of protection against bulk email
- WAN Balancer - Allocate traffic across up to six separate Internet connections
- WAN Failover – Automatically switch traffic to an alternate connection
- Policy Manager - Create multiple user- and time-based policies for web and remote access
- Directory Connector – Use your Microsoft Active Directory server to simplify policy management and reporting
- Branding Manager – Use your own logo and messaging on Untangle server and block screens
- Untangle comes as standard with these free, open-source applications:
- Web Filter – Prevents access to undesirable web sites
- virus Blocker – Prevents viruses from reaching computers on the network
- spam Blocker – Stops junk email from getting through
- Ad Blocker – Blocks online adverts that waste network capacity
- Attack Blocker – Stops denial of service (DOS) attacks
- Phish Blocker - Protects people from identity theft "phishing"
- spyware Blocker - Protects people from websites that install malware
- Firewall - Hides your network from the Internet
- QoS – Allows internet traffic prioritization
- Intrusion Prevention – Protects the network from hackers
- Protocol Control - Blocks protocols for online games, IM & P2P
- OpenVPN – Allows secure remote access to the internal network
- Reports - Shows who is doing what online
- Automatic updates - No need to install updates - we do it for you
Untangle has 3 network deployment options:
- Router: Dedicated server that performs routing & Firewall services
- Transparent Bridge: Dedicated server that drops seamlessly behind existing routers & Firewalls
Untangle runs on standard hardware as a bare-metal install, or in VMware.
Untangle runs on generic Intel/AMD hardware. A Pentium III processor, 2 NICs and 512MB of RAM is the min spec for smaller networks and multi-core chips with extra RAM really make Untangle sing for larger networks.